Monday, November 30, 2009

Cooper is here


He is here, he was born at exactly 26 weeks, on Thanksgiving day, I started bleeding, it went away, they started me on magnesium friday morning, by that night, I refused the mag, the side effects were just too much, I thought I was having a heart attack, my face was burned, i had a racing heart, chest pains, headaches, nausea, and light headed. Contractions started at 4 am on sunday morning, which we didn't think were contractions, they weren't picking up on the monitor, so we thought just gas pains, until about 4 that afternoon when i got up to go to the restroom, and I couldn't get off the bathroom floor, the pain was uncontrollable. They drug me back to the bed, and rushed me to l&d, I was in such pain, i begged for pain meds, and you know it was bad if I was begging for meds. They got the iv started, got the dr in there to talk to me, not sure what he said, they did and ultrasound and he was breech. I said I have to push, and the dr finally checked me, I was at a 10 and figured I had been that way for 20 mins. So I was rushed in for an emergency c-section. I was in the OR for 2 mins before I was out. He was born at 4:35, weighing in at 2lbs 1.5 ozs., 13 3/4 inches long. They took him straight to the nicu and he was placed on the ventilator with 50/50. He was taken off the ventilator about 8 this morning and placed on the c-pap machine breathing 77% on his own. Hes doing really well and weighed more than they expected of a baby born at 26 weeks. So we are trucking along, praying a lot, and going to see him a lot. They said I'd be released on Wednesday. We can't touch him for 72 hrs, although they let my husband touch his foot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment