Friday, November 13, 2009

Cooper

On Thursday November 5, my water broke at 22 1/2 weeks, freaked out I went to the dr, and she was hopeful, so I was put on bed rest for the next week at home. At 23 weeks 5 days I was admitted to Palmetto Richland Hospital to stay for the next three months(hopefully).

Today is my first day at the hospital. And I've found that PRH is a learning hospital, so its kinda like Grey's Anatomy. So for my first ultrasound and check, there was the attending dr, the intern, a resident, and a nurse all in my room. I've been hooked up to an iv and just getting fluids to keep my amniotic fluid up. I also just got my first steroid shot to mature Cooper's lungs. And that is the most painful shot I've ever had. It was given in the thigh and felt like the worst charlie horse ever.

And now I'm just hanging out trying to get comfortable for the next three months.

I'll be updating the blog daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment