Saturday, November 28, 2009

day who knows....

I know I'm behind on my blog. I'll probably update every week or so from now on. I got moved to another room which is now at the end of the hallway and much quieter. Its been a rough week for me. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I was kinda sad that we couldn't do our regular Thanksgiving traditions. But it was a rough day for me, I had the nurse come in around 10 to hook Cooper up on the monitor and I always get up to use the restroom before they hook me up. And I had major bleeding. I just knew that Cooper was going to be born that day. The nurse called the Dr and Dr Hill came in and did an examination and told me everything was ok, that Cooper was ok and he wasn't going to be born that day. I was so relieved. But I just broke down. It was so stressful. This pregnancy has been eventful to say the least. They put me on magnesium on Friday morning, and for the nurses trying to find a vein to put the iv was a task. My hands look like pin cusions. I felt ok during the day with the magnesium, just really tired until around 5. And after 5 I have never had this kind of reaction with any kind of drug. My heart was beating fast, I felt like I could crawl out of my skin, my chest hurt, my face was on fire, it looked like I had been in the sun for days. And around 10 Friday night, I was begging to be taken off of the magnesium. The nurse called the Dr to ask what else she could do before I was taken off, but it took the Dr so long to call back, I finally refused the magnesium. They took it off and I immediately felt better with the exception of my chest hurting. It hurt all night, and this morning they finally did an EKG to make sure my heart was beating right. I felt completely better around 10 this morning. Mom stayed with me last night and I'm so glad she did. I found out today that I'm RH Negative, so I had to get a shot today which wasn't bad. But I'm so tired of being stuck with needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment